Control color directly in Illustrator for vectors, text and embedded images and reach a new creative level with vector halftones.
Common Color ControlsAll the essential adjustments including Brightness, Contrast, Curves, Levels and Exposure. Adjust all your embedded artwork in a few clicks. Now you can fine tune and accurately control your design and see instant variations. If you’ve ever adjusted color in PhotoShop, you’ll be immediately familiar with these tools. Expect to see PhotoShop equivalent results which are made easier with settings exchange.
Advanced Color ControlsControl individual channels including transparency (alpha) and spot inks. You can adjust the profile of drop shadows and glows for a much more realistic result. Also includes pre-press options such as white overprint removal and rich black conversion.
Vector HalftoneQuickly create a perfectly scalable halftone effect based on any underlying artwork. Be as creative as you want – each halftone “dot” can be circular, square, a line, text characters or any symbol present in the artwork. A range of pre-sets give every possible control needed for posters through to T-shirt design and security printing.
Tool Function: Effects and FiltersThe core tools are live (non-destructive) with Effects and permanent Filters allowing you to adjust color in Illustrator for vectors, text and embedded images. Filters allow easy automation, including batch processing, through standard Illustrator actions to instantly replicate color adjustments.
Tool Functionality (all available as Filters and live Effects)
- Curves (including individual RGB/CMYK/Spot + alpha control)
- Duotone (including monotone, tritone and quadtone)
- Halftone (vector)
- Hue/Saturation/Lightness (including Colorize mode)
- Levels (including individual RGB/CMYK/Spot + alpha control)
- Shift to Color
Photoshop-compatible color adjustment settings exchange
- Curves (including pencil mode)
Filter and Effect color function options
- Safe CMYK, with option to exclude pure black
- Ignore spot colors
- Apply to: Fill / Stroke / Text / Images
- Convert colorized bitmaps
- Auto Rasterize
- Black / White color cut-off
- Rich black to user-defined color
- Overprint control
- Gradient Accuracy
- All live Effects can be incorporated into Illustrator Graphic Styles
- Save and manage options settings
- Additional spot color object, image types and Phantasm live Effect selection
Dozens of tutorials and support videos are available here or on YouTube.
Hundreds of designers and illustrators rely on Phantasm – click a thumbnail to read how!
Download a full 14 day trial now. Experience the power and precision of Phantasm, the plug-in many designers consider more essential than breathing.