Offer ends 31 May 2015. Buy both now >
Love Illustrator’s Pen Tool? Then you’ll love InkScribe even more! Work faster and more freely when drawing meticulously in vector.
New to Illustrator’s pen tool or find it time consuming and frustrating? Then try InkScribe for a much easier and smoother way to draw precisely. Save time and concentrate on the creative process rather than learning all those key presses.
Want to make straight lines into curves? We’ve introduced Ghost Handles — handles that appear when you draw a straight line. With just one drag of the mouse, ghost handles transform into bézier handles, changing the line into a curve. Or simply click and drag a path to reshape.
Toggle Point Types
Alternate between corner and smooth points with various quick methods rather than key presses. Save time in the initial design stage, right through to the fine-tuning of your artwork.
Functions to Make Your Life Easier
Smart Remove Point
Remove unwanted points on a path when editing and retain best path shape.
Distance and Angle Constraint
Place new points in distance multiples of your choice to build geometric shapes.
Close a Shape
Just the click of a button maintaining existing end point handles.
Lock curve handle angles to joining straight segments.
Flexibility: Set Your Own Preferences
With a range of settings and preference options you can set InkScribe up to behave like the Pen tool, or to support your own needs and creative workflow requirements. Use the context-sensitive annotations to reduce panel/ interface clutter, or strip the tool down to display just the very basics.
- Ghost Handles
- Smart Remove Points
- Specify Corner/Smooth Points
- Distance and Angle Constraints
- Drag-reshape Segments
- Connector Mode
- Preferences – choose the way you want to work
- Panel and Annotations – quick function access
- Extensive customisation through preferences
Dozens of tutorials and support videos are available here or on YouTube.
- InkScribe - Drawing
- InkScribe - Change between straight and curved segments
- InkScribe - Selecting and editing points and handles
- InkScribe - Point deletion
- InkScribe - Angle and distance constraint
- InkScribe - Smart smooth mode
- InkScribe - Closing and joining
- InkScribe - Connector mode
- InkScribe - Panel and display options
- InkScribe - Add points mid-path
- InkScribe - Changing between corner and smooth points
- InkScribe - Preferences
Hundreds of designers and illustrators rely on InkScribe – click a thumbnail to read how!