With work progressing well on the updates necessary for all Astute Graphics plugins to operate with Illustrator CS6, we’re not forgetting that the vast majority of users will be remaining with Illustrator CS3 to CS5 in the near future. With this in mind, we have two important updates for immediate availability to all existing and new users.
Recommended fixes and enhancements:
- Important potential issues including file corruptions and memory leaks fixed.
- Minor functionality issues corrected.
- Dynamic Shape tool now honours Illustrator CS5′s "Draw Behind" and "Draw Inside" modes.
- Dynamic Shape tool now displays "No Draw" cursor when drawing a new shape is not possible due to a locked or hidden layer.
Thanks to the very kind feedback offered by users since the release of SubScribe v0.9 (beta) last month, this great free-to-customers* toolset is now out of beta and at version 1.0.
There are no functional enhancements in this release beyond the beta version.
System requirements (all software)
- Mac OS 10.5 or above (Intel processor only)
- Windows XP service pack 3, Vista or 7
- Illustrator CS3, CS4 or CS5 / 5.1
Downloading and installing the updates
If you are a user of VectorScribe or SubScribe, simply keep your computer activated, download and install the latest verisons. Once you restart Illustrator, you can check you are running the latest versions by following (Mac) or (Windows).
Remember that it’s always possible to check for the latest versions of our plugins at any time by following the Illustrator menu